At HR Solver we love the magnificent Dr Brene Brown, her top tips on leading in life personally, and at work, making us what she calls a ‘wholehearted’ leader include;
- Be vulnerable – this is when true human connection happens!
- Have boundaries. Boundaries are good. And Brene Brown’s research concludes that some of the most compassionate people are who they are because they have learned to say no.
- Be brave, be authentic.
- Sympathy helps no one, but being empathetic and putting the other person’s shoes on your feet, to see things from their perspective, is when true connection and empathy happens.
- Often it is just too easy for us to hide behind our own issues. Brown suggests ‘Blame’ is just an equation for Discomfort + Pain.
- Get comfortable with shame; we all feel it and it’s so powerful. It’s the deep seated fear that we’re just not good enough. Don’t let shame rule over your life.
- Take responsibility for your actions in your day to day. You do have a choice.
If you wish to learn more, as a first step watch Brene’s excellent first TedTalk.
#brenebrown #leadership #wholeheartedleader #powerofvulnrability #hrsolver