- Be vulnerable – this is when true human connection happens!
- Have boundaries. Boundaries are good. And Brene Brown’s research concludes that some of the most compassionate people are who they are because they have learned to say no.
- Be brave, be authentic.
- Sympathy helps no one, but being empathetic and putting the other person’s shoes on your feet, to see things from their perspective, is when true connection and empathy happens.
- Often it is just too easy for us to hide behind our own issues. Brown suggests ‘Blame’ is just an equation for Discomfort + Pain.
- Get comfortable with shame; we all feel it and it’s so powerful. It’s the deep seated fear that we’re just not good enough. Don’t let shame rule over your life.
- Take responsibility for your actions in your day to day. You do have a choice.
If you wish to learn more, as a first step watch Brene’s excellent first TedTalk.
#brenebrown #leadership #wholeheartedleader #powerofvulnrability #hrsolver
FREE GUIDE to determine if you have a good Employment tribunal Case
Not sure if you have a strong case or even any case at all for an employment tribunal?
Not sure if you should make a fuss? Feel lost and unsure? Download our free guide and in less than 5 minutes you'll know the answers and if you have a claim that might be worth something.
How to write a powerful appeal letter so your employer takes you seriously.
Learn how to create a powerful appeal letter which makes your employer really consider your case and understand that you are a force to be reckoned with...even if you are no good at letter writing.
If you have been dismissed (sacked) or issued with a disciplinary warning this detailed and effective training enables you to write a fabulous and effective appeal letter. Includes, templates, timelines and training.
FREE Disciplinary Meeting Checklist Download
Never been to a disciplinary meeting? You're not alone! It's a scary thought. Worried about it being fair, how to act, what to say, what not to say and how to prepare? Download our free checklist so you go into the meeting feeling prepared, confident and able to challenge effectively. Our checklist will prepare you with everything you NEED to know.