- If you have been suspended you need to be aware this could be particularly ominous. Suspension should not be done lightly and is normally only activated where the conduct could be construed as ‘gross misconduct’. Gross misconduct is conduct that could warrant instant dismissal with no previous warning(s) being issued and no notice pay paid. Suspension isn’t always the right course of action, read more from HR Solver about suspension.
- Think about the role of the person hearing the disciplinary and making the decision about your ongoing employment. What do they want to hear? Remember their main task is to be fair and objective and weigh the case up in a balanced way, determining;
- The depth and fairness of the investigation and supporting evidence.
- The maliciousness and intent of any behaviour.
- The representations of the employee compared to the company’s case.
- Preparation is key.
- Review all evidence and supporting statements provided to you and make notes on the parts that need corrected.
- Write down all the points you want to make.
- Consider if you need to give any context; for example managers and colleagues behaviour that led up to you losing your temper.
- Your services and any unblemished record
- Good conduct and or client praise.
If you need help to prepare, feel your investigation has been unfair or disciplinary hearing flawed access support and advice from our HR experts today. We can help you with the next steps and with making your points to your employer in any appeal or disciplinary hearing.
Also you can download our FREE disciplinary hearing checklist below. This will give you extra tips and ideas on how to prepare for your meeting, including prepping your companion.
FREE GUIDE to determine if you have a good Employment tribunal Case
Not sure if you have a strong case or even any case at all for an employment tribunal?
Not sure if you should make a fuss? Feel lost and unsure? Download our free guide and in less than 5 minutes you'll know the answers and if you have a claim that might be worth something.
alone after being unfairly dismissed but don't want to go legal?
Get everything you need to make a case for compensation in less than 21 days. Without the high cost of a lawyer, endlessly searching online and even going as far as an Employment Tribunal. If you are scared about going legal and having a drawn out process. We understand. If you just want to get some compensation to help rebuild your live consider our proven strategy to get compensation through early conciliation.
How to write a powerful appeal letter so your employer takes you seriously.
Learn how to create a powerful appeal letter which makes your employer really consider your case and understand that you are a force to be reckoned with...even if you are no good at letter writing.
If you have been dismissed unfairly (sacked) or issued with a disciplinary warning with no process this detailed and effective training enables you to write a powerful appeal letter. Includes, templates, timelines and training.
online interview coming up?
Online interviews are definitely the future! If you need to reset your confidence levels for an online interview and not sure how to engage this course is for you. We cover the mindset and technology that you need to be successful and of course all the questions and the best responses and how to beat all the other candidates to the job. Plus there is an amazing session by a LinkedIn expert on how to impress and update your LinkedIn profile.
FREE Disciplinary Meeting Checklist Download
Never been to a disciplinary meeting? You're not alone! It's a scary thought. Worried about it being fair, how to act, what to say, what not to say and how to prepare? Download our free checklist so you go into the meeting feeling prepared, confident and able to challenge effectively. Our checklist will prepare you with everything you NEED to know.
redundancy APPEal Letter template
Need to appeal but not sure what to say and how to start? Download our quick and easy to use template an have your letter ready in less than an hour. You'll articulate your case clearly aligned with the law and it is do easy to use as we've done all the work for you!