- Focus on what your goal is; make it easy to articulate.
- Distil your goal into three easy first steps that you can take today.
- Imagine what you or the career goal will look like when you achieve it.
- Identify the main blocker to reaching the goal and think about possible solutions.
- Tell people your goal; scary but this can often be the difference between a career dream staying an aspiration versus becoming a reality.
- Write your goal on your mirror or dashboard so you remind yourself of it every day.
- Identify a role model and find out what they did to reach their goal.
- Read the careers section of any professional magazine, there are often senior people in your chosen profession answering the questions that you may be facing.
- Get a good mentor to hold you accountable to actions and making progress towards your goal.
- Don’t apologise or be embarrassed about being ambitious, it’s not a ‘dirty word’. The happiest people have a purpose in life.
These are just some quick tips to get you started. If you have questions on your employment situation, chat and get advice from to our HR Experts today. You’ll get knowledgeable, supportive advice in planning your career next steps.
#ambition #careergoals #hrsolver #hrapp #reachforthestars #careeradvice #hradvice
FREE GUIDE to determine if you have a good Employment tribunal Case
Not sure if you have a strong case or even any case at all for an employment tribunal?
Not sure if you should make a fuss? Feel lost and unsure? Download our free guide and in less than 5 minutes you'll know the answers and if you have a claim that might be worth something.
How to write a powerful appeal letter so your employer takes you seriously.
Learn how to create a powerful appeal letter which makes your employer really consider your case and understand that you are a force to be reckoned with...even if you are no good at letter writing.
If you have been dismissed (sacked) or issued with a disciplinary warning this detailed and effective training enables you to write a fabulous and effective appeal letter. Includes, templates, timelines and training.
FREE Disciplinary Meeting Checklist Download
Never been to a disciplinary meeting? You're not alone! It's a scary thought. Worried about it being fair, how to act, what to say, what not to say and how to prepare? Download our free checklist so you go into the meeting feeling prepared, confident and able to challenge effectively. Our checklist will prepare you with everything you NEED to know.